Wednesday 13 October 2010

Some lovely things for a dreary day..........

It's pretty dreary here today, so I thought I'd find some lovely things to look at.....


Some marigolds in the garden - pic taken yesterday -
Two lovely vintage cake stands recently found - (will be for sale at Ludlow Antiques / Flea market on Sunday) -



A hat I've just knitted for grand-daughter due in November (I'm not a clever knitter - its self-patterning wool!) -




Mad old teapot (I think she looks like Lily Savage!) -



And some things ready for a Christmas stall -

Well, better get some stuff done I guess - what a wonderful displacement activity blogging is!

Have a lovely day!






7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the comment and welcome to the world of blogging....it is incredibly distracting at times! Looking forward to your future posts....
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your hat, the wool is amazing - never heard of that before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Blogging is a fab way to waste time, isn't it?
    Thanks for popping over to mine :-)
    Your vintage plates are lovely and it made me laugh when you said 'mad old teapot' - some designs are quite crazy aren't they?
    I hope you have a wonderful time in this Blogland we all share - there are so many wonderful places to visit and hundreds of generous bloggers, I'm sure you'll find plenty to enjoy!
    Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. Thank you for your visit and kind comment. Do you know this lady?
    http://thequincetree65.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Lucille - no, I don't know that blog - I'll go check it out, thanks. I've just had anotherf look at your rainbows - they really are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pics. I particularly like the hat and the mad teapot. Your collage is v pretty.

    You're right, blogging is very distracting. I am supposed to be doing a spot of cleaning but I'm too busy finding wonderful new blogs to read!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable little hat!
    And so glad to see your fun blog-thanks for stopping by mine:)

    ReplyDelete