Tuesday 22 March 2011

Ludlow Bridge is falling down, falling down........

Thanks SO much for all your kind comments after my last post - I felt quite low for a day or two, even though the weather was great at times - but then yesterday I began to get a really scratchy throat and headache, so perhaps I was going down with something (or, because I was low, I began to go down with something, immune system knocked?) - anyway, don't feel 100% today, but I'm fighting it. Well, actually I'm drinking a glass of wine; I'm sure that'll help!

Did Ludlow market on Sunday and it was OK, but Ludlow's shops and markets trade is suffering at the moment as there's a complicated traffic diversion system in operation while the bridge into town is being repaired, the masonry having started to fall off  - it's going to be closed for a while apparently :(   -





 ************************ 
If you're an IKEA Family card holder, you'll have got their Spring mag this week - there's a feature on a blogger - Desiree - http://vosgesparis.blogspot.com/ - it's a cool blog about her house in Amsterdam - if you like that minimalist, industrial style.  I'm sort of drawn to it, but I like colour too much! -

There's a feature on mixing real and artificial flowers too.....hm, not sure about that either -


 ************************
Bought a cute table mat in Ludlow - in M and Co - looks a bit like Marrimekko? -

 Blogger has me defeated - sorry about lopsided loading!  Feel a bit worn out too - I shall go and have a hot bath / early night! 

(Oh, yes - daughter's dress fitting went well -


X

19 comments:

  1. Hope the head and throat are better tomorrow - I do believe the wine will help...Your daughter's dress looks stunning - how very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some great goodies at Ludlow. I was going to do a table top sale on Sunday too but I pulled out as I didn't feel 100% either. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    I have mixed silk flowers with real blooms, it helps to 'fill out' the vase and they look fine as long as they're good quality ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your feeling better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better after your glass of wine and bath.
    I love the table mat and the wedding dress looks beautiful, I am sure she will look gorgeous on her big day.
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are soon feeling better the dress looks beautiful. Bet you are v. excited. Love Debs X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon, the tea set goodies look amazing as to does the dress :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well - consider yourself hugged! Could you e-mail me your address please - I hve a little something.

    denise by designs at google mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear that your under the weather, drink lots of fluids!!! Your daughters dress looks so romantic...
    Get better fast!!
    Chris :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Abby

    Sending you a virtual blogging hug through the ether. Hope you feel better soon.

    Lesley
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get well wishes wishes from here - you sound as if you need a well earned rest.

    China and dress beautiful. I think we may need sneeky peeks of the big day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to read that you are still not feeling 100%. Perhaps you need to take things easy.. which of course is not always possible!
    Your daughters dress looks so beautiful, have you got your own outfit together?.. such an exciting time to look forward to. Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope your feeling better your daughters dress looks Beautiful
    xx fee

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to hear you're feeling a little better - I think the blues get the best of us at the best of times.

    I hope the scratchy throaty thingy clears up soon - wine is a very good soother.

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear, hope you are feeling well soon - a glass of wine and a hot bath always helps. Take carexx

    ReplyDelete
  15. hope it's as sunny there today as it in london...not that am in but it's nice to know it's actually beginging to shine!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear you're not feeling 100%
    Market looked good at Ludlow
    Love the M and Co mat - great design.
    The back of your daughters dress looks divine - all those little buttons and the beautiful detailing at the top - it looks as if it will be a beauty - how exciting being young, in love, full of hope for the life ahead, and about to be married!!!
    Seems a long long time ago!!
    I feel old, tired and miserable now!!Sob
    Hope you feel better soon
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mom how many beautiful little things,
    I would take it all away! But this market
    There is also in August?
    A hug
    SUSY ° °

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you are feeling better soon - the wine should help. I am like you - admire the swedish greys and whites, but haven't been able to pull it off because I just love colour!
    have a lovely holiday next week, hope the sun keeps shining.
    Jillxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad your feeling better you have alot on your plate....You have so many beautiful thing for sale where you live we have slim pickings up here!
    Her dress looks so beautiful!
    I held a baby girl at church the other day and I was thinking to myself your not as cute as Miss Ruby!!

    ReplyDelete